My name’s Eleanor and you might be surprised to know I can be a bit shy.
I’m shy about talking about my achievements because I don’t want to sound like I’m boasting.
(The social and psychological issues which cause this can be discussed another time.)
But I want you to know about what I’ve done because I might be able to help you.
Helping people is what I love to do.
I like to do it by removing the barriers which prevent people fulfilling their potential.
I didn’t know how to tell you what I’ve done because it kept ending up sounding like it was all about me. It’s not about me: it’s about what I can help you do.
To try and get round this I wrote down everything I could think of where I’ve helped people as a marketing consultant, copywriter and tutor since I became freelance. I tried to make it about them.
When I think about what these people and businesses have achieved, I feel very happy.
In no particular order, I have helped:
- E-learning company Virtual College win Supplier of the Year twice in a row through writing their awards submission (hoping for year three Alex!)
- Improve the skills and confidence of 25 people through training them in writing for marketing with 100% satisfaction rates from the learners
- Paul Lenihan feel more confident in marketing his new high-end accessories business, NOTINLOVE
- At least 70 University of Leeds students understand what working in marketing is really like, how to develop campaigns properly, and how to work with integrity
- People approaching retirement feel happier about the transition through writing around 60 articles for a brand new post-50 retirement advice website
- Small, local businesses be better at digital marketing through writing 40+ articles for a new digital marketing advice website
- A marketing agency stand out and service their clients better through researching and writing a white paper about future restaurant trends
- Charlotte Raffo feel more confident and knowledgeable in her brand, customer and marketing her new luxury interior products business, The Monkey Puzzle Tree
- Arash Mazinani develop new services in his image consultancy business that’ll help him stand out and better service his clients
- The team at Home Agency discuss and understand mental health issues at work more easily and freely
- MA students at London College of Fashion create more innovative, commercially-viable concepts for the final major project (blog post here)
- Students at the University of Wolverhampton develop their confidence in getting a job after university through skills practise and action planning
- Shoppers with a leading, European, quirky sock brand make the right choice through writing around 350 product descriptions
- The team at Maxwell Scott Bags refine their tone of voice and use it effectively across all platforms
- Make connections between marketing agencies, universities and students in Leeds and the local area so we can sustain our amazing talent pool in the North
- A sustainable housing business see things differently through in-depth customer profiling
- My fellow freelancers through support, advice and passing on work
- Prospective students understand what one of our local universities can offer through a full prospectus rewrite
- Encourage visitors to a high profile bank website to explore new places through writing 40+ travel articles
- Multiple businesses and agencies fulfil their potential through brand work, website rewrites, editing, proof-reading and emergency copy support
Thank you to everyone who has hired me. You helped me by giving me these jobs. I’m honoured I got to help you.
I’d like to help more people through consultancy, training, copywriting and education in the next years of my freelance career.
Ideally people who value creativity, love what they do, and want to work sustainably.
But most of all people who want to start fulfilling their potential.
If you’re that person, get in touch: email@example.com
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org